Tuesday, September 13, 2011

7th August 2011

7th August - The day to start our road trip had finally arrived. I was very excited about it.I had never driven around far. The furthest I had ever drove to was back to my dad's hometown which was only about 3 hours drive. This was the first time I'm driving to Penang which takes about 4-5 hours from KL. And not only that, I will also be driving from Penang to Melaka which took me about 7 hours. Can't believe how I managed to do it. Guess because I had him to accompany me.

We left the house around 8.30am. We got to the Penang island about 12 and I met up with Brenda for lunch. She brought me to have Char Kuey Teow which is really famous in Penang. We went to the area whereby each plate of this dish cost RM7 which is very expensive. It tasted good but not great and it's definitely not worth the price.


We also tried Air Batu Campur (ABC) which is actually dessert contains red beans, sweet corn, grass jelly and topped with shaved ice. Then evoporated milk and red rose syrup will be drizzled over the ice. Sometimes we top a scoop of ice cream on top of it. Yummy. Great to have this on a hot, sunny day.


And also not forgetting cendol. It's shaved ice with coconut milk, worm-like jelly made from rice flour with green colouring and palm sugar. Other ingredients like kidney beans or red beans or even sweet corn might be included. This was absolutely refreshing.


He is looking so cute smiling and looking forward to eat his dessert. :)


After that, we drove to Batu Ferringhi which is probably about 40 mins drive from Penang town. We finally reached Hard Rock Hotel at about 3.00pm. I was so tired that I couldn't wait to get into the room to take a rest. I totally love this Hotel. It was a cool hotel but the staff weren't that great. They do their job but I don't felt any warmness from them. Anyway, here are some pictures of the room and I totally love it. It was definitely worth staying here.



Look at the TV... We got to borrow some DVDs from the hotel to watch some movies.

The beautiful view from our room. Love it.

Here is the beautiful beach at the hotel.

After going around taking pictures, it was nearly dinner time. We walked out and stop at the food court to have some local food. However, the food weren't great and there weren't many choices as there were not many nice food places at Batu Ferringhi. There were a lot of restaurants that are meant to serve expensive food to the tourist but I felt that the food weren't be great and it will cost a bomb.

Anyway, we had capati and Tai Luk Mee which is also known as stir fried yellow noodles. It's black in colour because this dish uses thick dark soya sauce. It tasted not too bad.



He is definitely enjoying using his chopsticks.



After that, we walked around the streets. There were a lot of 100% real fake goods being sold. Yes, one of the sellers told us that their goods are 100% real fake. Hmm, I wonder whether there are unreal fake.

After shopping for a little while, we went back to the hotel to rest. I totally love my holiday and I'm actually missing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment