Monday, September 5, 2011

6th August 2011 (Part 2)

6th August - My friend finally was so happy that I finally being so generous to buy him dinner. He is a wonderful friend who was there for me especially when Alan wasn't around. Anyway, he is happy to be sitting in my car (finally I'm driving him) and bringing him for dinner together with Alan. We went to Cheow Sang Bak Kut Teh Restaurant. This is something I want Alan to try as it's one of the best dishes served in Malaysia.

The name literally translates as "meat bone tea". The pork ribs are simmered in a broth of herbs and spices for hours and usually additional ingredients like mushroom, vegetables or tofu are included. This is great to be served together with rice. The pork ribs are so tender as it's cooked for hours.



We also have it with Yau Char Kwai which is actually Chinese Bread Sticks. It is a long, golden-brown, deep-fried strip of dough. Usually it's eaten on its own for breakfast or together with porridge. But I just love having them together with the Bak Kut Teh.



We also had steam egg. Unfortunately it wasn't that great. I had better ones. It's actually like custard but instead of putting sugar in it, we add salt and serve it together with rice. I remembered how when I was a kid, I could just eat my bowl of rice with this dish. Just mix it into my rice and I will be a happy kid.



And we had a steam fish. I wanted to order a ginger steam fish but she gave me a wrong one and we had garlic steam fish instead. The taste was ok and for the night, this is the most expensive dish compared to the rest.



After feeding our tummies, and all the teasing during the meal, we went for desserts which is of course the best part of the meal. I just love having my desserts. Sometimes I want to have my dessert first before my main course just in case I don't have anymore room after my meal.

We went to SS2 which is a popular area to have tong sui aka Chinese dessert. And here is what we have. Alan decided to give durian another try and ordered the durian ice cream with black glutinous rice served with coconut milk. He confirmed that he doesn't like durian after trying it for the 2nd time.



And we had the Mango Pancake. It's mango puree stuffed in the pancake topped with dessicated coconut. Taste was good.



And finally we had the Bubur Cha Cha. It's a dessert cooked with sweet potatoes, yam, tapioca cooked in sweet coconut milk. I haven't had this for a long time and it is quite tasty and what I love about this is eating the sweet potatoes and yam. Yummy.



And I'm ending this blog with a picture of us. It was a great day. We did so much and had loads of good food. I definitely miss that day very much and wish Alan is now right beside me. Oh well, it won't be long.


No comments:

Post a Comment