Thursday, September 1, 2011

6th August 2011 (Part 1)

6th August - It's Saturday and I brought him to go to KL using the LRT. I never like to drive to KL as I'm not familiar with the roads. Besides that, it's always jam and the parking rate in KL are very expensive.. So it's more worth it to take the LRT then to drive.

We left the house pretty early and we went to Petronas Twin Towers, the main landmark in KL. They were the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 to 2004. At the feet of the tower is the Suria KLCC, a shopping mall whereby it features mainly the foreign luxury goods and high-street labels.

The towers also feature a skybridge between the two towers on the 41st and 42nd floor and he did wanted to go up to the skybridge. But I didn't find anything special about it and told him that I wasn't interested. I kinda regretted it now but then again he will definitely visit Malaysia again and we will definitely visit the skybridge next time. :)



After that, we went to the KLCC park. It has changed a lot and it has been a while since I last went to the park. I think the last time I actually walk in the park was about 10 years ago. I remembered playing truant then and I changed into normal clothes and took the LRT to go to the park with my friend. ;p It's really a nice park with jogging and walking paths, fountains, wading pools, children's playground and loads of unique trees as well.

Look at how he loves to pose.

Us with the dolphin behind. :)



After walking around the park and taken some pictures (after continuously pushing him to take pictures with me - lol), we went into the mall and had a cup of coffee and sat there to relax for a bit. I realised both of us don't like shopping much. We barely hung around the mall and decided to leave. We went to the Central Market after that. This is the place whereby you can get loads of 100% real fake goods. That means you can get loads of pirated dvds, fake branded handbags, clothings, shoes, belts etc, you name it, they probably will have it. Of course not forgetting loads of food as well.

Whenever I go to Central Market, I'm more interested in the food than the items. I mainly took a lot of food pictures (again). Well, I used to be a food blogger and I love food so much, so I can't help it if I constantly enjoy talking about food. The only conversation which probably catches my attention most is whenever you talk about food, or how to cook certain dishes and also about what is good and bad food. :)


I introduced him to drink one of these popular drink which had been around at this particular spot even before I was born. They have probably been around for more than 30 or 40 years. It's called 'Air Mata Kuching' which direct translation means Cat's Eyes Water. 'lol' But actually in Mata Kuching in Malay means a type of Longan which is a type of fruit. If I'm not mistaken the ingredients used to make this drink are winter melon, rock sugar, dried longan and Buddha's Fruit (luo han guo in Chinese). It's really refreshing and it cools your body after walking around the stalls under the hot weather.

Someone is enjoying his drink. :)

Then we bought Tau Foo Far, Bean Curd Pudding. It's a Chinese dessert which can be eaten hot or cold. It's is made from coagulated Soya Bean Milk served with a white sugar syrup or brown sugar syrup. I personally prefer the brown one. It tasted like custard according to him. But it wasn't something he is crazy about but this is definitely one of my favourites.


Then it was lunch time and we went to have Wan Tan Mee. It's Egg Noodles served with BBQ pork and wantons (pork dumplings). You can either have the dish dry or in a soup based. We ordered the dry one and this is one of my favourite noodle dish which I love since I was a little girl.




Then I was telling him about the Bak Kwa which is a favourite to a lot of Chinese people. It's not cheap and a lot of Chinese loves to buy this as gifts during Chinese New Year. It's a salty-sweet dried meat, made in the form of flat thin sheets. Usually it's pork but there are chicken meat being used as well.


Since he has so much food to try, we decided to have it with a bun that has a tiny slice of bak kwa, pork floss, cucumber and some chili sauce. It actually tasted good and this is how I remembered as a kid that I love making such sandwiches in the morning. I will take 2 slices of bread, buttered them and sandwich the bak kwa in between. And now I prefer having pork floss instead.




After having the bun and shopped for 100% real fake goods, we decided to go home for a rest as we were pretty tired with all the walking and shopping. We also had more food coming up for dinner. Well, I shall leave that for the next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment